Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Making good.

Receptionist = me.


Dana R. Larkin says:
what do you think about ween? band for pretentious college students or awesome?
Receptionist says:
hahahaha
Dana R. Larkin says:
no, seriously
Dana R. Larkin says:
i'm trying to form my opinion and therefore, need you opinion to make my own.
Receptionist says:
Well... I have an ex who's way into them, and he's not what I'd call pretentious. Actually, I know a few people I respect who really like Ween.
Receptionist says:
But... they can go both ways, for sure.
Receptionist says:
I've never been super into it.
Receptionist says:
But I can appreciate how random and awesome some if it can be.
Dana R. Larkin says:
ok, cause i don't want to start liking them more only to be shunned. i mean, it's not like they're dave mathews band or anything,
Receptionist says:
hahahaha
Receptionist says:
no
Dana R. Larkin says:
ok, good.
Receptionist says:
I've never heard of anyone being shunned for liking Ween.
Dana R. Larkin says:
i don't know man, they really do make me think of, like, uber cool college kids.
Receptionist says:
I mean, maybe if you only listened to like, Ween, and Mr. Bungle, and Blood Brothers, and experimental noise, shit, then there could be a problem.
Receptionist says:
But, you mix it up.
Dana R. Larkin says:
well, obviously.
Dana R. Larkin says:
i mean, i listen to r. kelly.
Receptionist says:
I don't think JUST liking Ween has ever nominated someone for shun status.
Receptionist says:
Totally.
Dana R. Larkin says:
okay, then it's settled. i like ween.
Receptionist says:
Excellent.
Dana R. Larkin says:
i have a whole bunch of them on my ipod, but haven't ever really listened to it. but, i'm going to now.
Dana R. Larkin says:
please make sure to tell everyone you know about this conversation we just had.
Receptionist says:
Will do.

Fin.

5 comments:

dana said...

really, out of all the im convo's we've had, this one is actually pretty lame. you should have posted the one from a few months ago about whether or not 'rape your face' is an acceptable term. and what 'face raping' implies.

Aislinn said...

What could possibly be unacceptable about "rape your face?"

Haha, that reminds me of Way of the Gun, when Ryan Phillipe tells Sarah Silverman he's going to "fuck-start her face." Golden.

I know all our work IM convos are saved somewhere... do we have access to them?

dana said...

i know it could be pulled, though i'm in no particular rush to ask to have the i.m. conversation you and i had about 'face raping' to be brought to attention. that's just me though.

dana said...

what's really sad about the whole thing, is that people that don't know me are going to read this and possibly think i'm full on serious (well, fuck them), when, you and i both know that ridiculous, mundane conversations like this happen between you and i constantly. like that one we had about 'the killers' that one time. let this be a lesson that i need to start printing and saving all of our chats. obviously.

Anonymous said...

I really really really love Ween and I'm the most pretentious person I know!